September 26, 2017 1 min read
Sleep is such an interesting process during which your body undergoes many different actions. There is so much about sleep that we still don’t know, but day by day researchers continue to uncover new and exciting fact about this thing we all love to do. Here are 10 weird facts about sleep and sleep deprivation.
1. Humans spend approximately one third of their lives sleeping
2. Humans can take small naps with their eyes open, while maintaining their balance (literally, this could happen with you even knowing it)
3. Sleep deprivation will kill you before starvation does
4. Your body’s natural sleep cycle begs for sleep around 2pm everyday (that’s right, the post-lunch dip isn’t you being lazy, it’s your body asking for a nap)
5. The record for the longest period of time gone without sleep is 11 days
6. Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten
7. If it takes you less than 5 minutes to fall asleep, you are actually sleep deprived
8. It takes being awake for only 17 straight hours for sleep deprivation symptoms to kick in
9. Sleep deprivation reduces pain tolerance
10. Snoring is the primary cause of sleep disruption for approximately 90 million American adults
September 22, 2023 5 min readRead More
September 18, 2023 2 min read
Every week you will receive specials, discounts, and giveaways.