Celebrities definitely need their sleep to do what they do. But like anybody else, some celebs struggle with getting good sleep and look to experts for tips on how to sleep well and wake up feeling energized. Below are some tricks we learned from the stars on how they’re getting a good night’s sleep.
- Elle Macpherson – Keep a Journal. This fashion supermodel and movie star knows she needs to clear her mind before getting a good night’s rest. Elle keeps a notepad right next to her bed so she can easily jot down any ideas that might keep her mind busy before she nods off to sleep. Sometimes she writes a to-do list and sometimes just random ideas she’ll allow her mind to revisit in the morning.
- Lea Michele – Have a Relaxing Bath. A talented actress, model and author, Lea Michelle swears by using Epsom salts in a bath before bedtime. She puts them in the bath and soaks for a good 20 minutes before bedtime. The Scream Queens star also likes to complete her evening ritual with a relaxing cup of hot tea and lemon.
- Ellen DeGeneres - Meditate. Ellen enjoys practicing transcendental meditation to help prepare herself for sleep. She didn’t think she would benefit as much as she has from it, but now raves that it has completely changed her life. Ellen praises meditation for helping her learn how to sit still and for bringing her an incredibly peaceful feeling each night before bed.
- Mariah Carey – Get Enough Sleep. Mariah let out her secret of getting fifteen hours of sleep each night to Interview Magazine. While most adults typically only need seven to nine hours of sleep each day, it’s important to listen to your body and ensure you’re getting the right amount of sleep for you. Mariah also enjoys having humidity in her room to help her sleep peacefully, and uses not one, not two, but twenty humidifiers!
- Eminem - Avoid Blue Light. Eminem might have a tough guy persona, but he certainly prizes his sleep. He avoids keeping electronics near him when he sleeps to prevent exposure to blue light and even wraps tin foil around the blinds in his hotel room to block out any UV light that might be entering.
- Kim Kardashian - Get a Good Mattress. This media mogul appreciates the value of good sleep and is known to have spent a million dollars on new beds and mattresses. Luckily for us, memory mattresses are affordable and can help you get a comfortable night of sleep.
If these tips are good enough for the celebrities to follow, they are certainly worth trying out to help you get the best sleep possible each night.